Sunday 22 December 2013

Christmas Baking

I absolutely love Christmas and I also love baking, so around this time of year I like to do as much Christmas baking that I can.
Today I made a shortbread Christmas tree, using a kit from Lakeland (http://www.lakeland.co.uk/r80552/Christmas-Cookie-Tree). I didnt use the suggested recipe rather a favorite of mine from Sam Stern's first cookbook:

200g butter well softened
75g caster sugar
150g plain flour
150g self raising flour
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence

Mix the butter and caster sugar together using a a electric whisk. Sift in the flour and add the vanilla essence. Rub the ingredients together to begin with and then bring together into a ball. Roll out on a floured surface and use cutters to create shapes. Put on a greased baking tray and bake in the oven at 150 degrees for approximately 10 mins, more if the biscuits are thicker.

I also made melted snowmen cupcakes. I made a basic vanilla cupcakes mix, then decorated with white glace icing. On top of this I put a large white marshmallow and then decorated the snowman using writing icing.

Happy baking xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment