Wednesday 26 February 2014

Rich Chille Con Carne with Spiced Butter

Yesterday my mum and I tried out Heston's chilli con carne with spiced butter, I loved it so much that I felt it deserved a blog post, and to be shared with everyone!

This has to be the most flavoursome chilli's I have ever eaten. The recipe may take ages to make and also some of the ingredients are pretty expensive (definitely save for a special occasion), however the outcome is amazing. The spiced butter really adds something to the flavour of the chilli and I have never tasted anything quite like it before. 

This would be an ideal dish to serve at a dinner party and I can assure you would wow guests, particularly with the flavour. I would serve a raspberry pavlova or lemon meringue roulade to follow as guests will want something light after the richness of the main course. 

If you are bored of the basic chilli con carne, fancy a challenge or are having a dinner party I thoroughly recommend that you try out this recipe.

Thank you Heston and thank you Waitrose!!

xoxo

Trying out Heston's chilli recipe



The recipe can be found here: http://www.waitrose.com/home/recipes/recipe_directory/h/heston_s_rich_chilli_con_carne_with_spiced_butter.html#.Uw5SqJIgGSM

(We tweaked the recipe slightly and only used 1 star anise, and one clove of garlic, we also used red chilli instead of green)

No comments:

Post a Comment