Sunday 9 March 2014

Oxfordshire walk and pub lunch -The Swan Inn

Spring is most definitely here so my family and I decided to take advantage of the clear blue sky's and temperatures of 15c and go on a long countryside walk with a pub lunch. We drove to the beautiful and quintessential village of Burford in Oxfordshire and did a long walk with a pub lunch in the middle.



We visited The Swan Inn in Swinbrook. It was a beautiful pub where in fact David Cameron took President Francois Hollande for lunch recently. As it was a Sunday they were mostly serving Sunday lunch, however I had half a chicken and skinny chips served with harissa mayo - delicious! The choice for starters, mains and also puddings was superb.I wish I could've had a starter and a pudding but my main course was so filling! The pudding that took my attention was the bramley apple crumble served with cinnamon ice cream. According to a little note on the menu this is what Cameron and Hollande ate so it must be good!! 

Sun Glasses - H and M
Scrunchie - H and M
Scarf - Morocco
Jumper - New Look 915
Hoodie - Topshop


Wellies - Town and Country
Leggings - River Island
I will most definitely be back to this pub and also do the walk again, the views were simply stunning and it was English countryside at its best! 

Enjoy the sunshine xoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment