Saturday 17 May 2014

A sunny Saturday at Grey's Court

Today we drove to Henley to a National Trust property called Grey's Court.
We did a large walk around the edge of the estate over the Chiltern Hills. The sun was shining and it was the perfect day for a walk, it felt like summer had arrived! I even managed to get slightly burnt!

We then visited the grounds, heading firstly to the Tea Rooms for a well deserved coffee and cake. I opted for an elderflower presse and Raspberry Eton Mess Victoria sandwich. It was delicious and has inspired me to make this sometime soon!

After this we climbed the tower and were treated to beautiful views of the house and gardens. The gardens looked spectacular, with a variety of flowers and the stunning wisteria.

We then explored the gardens and enjoyed going through the wisteria tunnel and taking many pictures. We then found out that the wisteria was 120 years old! Wow! I wish I could have a massive wisteria tree in my garden with its lilac flowers!

We then explored the fruit, vegetable and herb garden. My favorite seeing the orange plant as I had never seen one before!

Here are a couple of pictures from the day! :)

















What a lovely day! :) xoxo



Outfit:
Trousers - River Island £20 - similar here
Jelly Shoes - New Look £9.99
Daisy bun holder - ASOS £6
Top - H&M Basics £2.99
Denim Jacket - H&M
Bag - Topshop - very old!
Glasses - Primark £1
Watch - River Island £15




No comments:

Post a Comment