Sunday 5 October 2014

A weekend in the Peak District

I go to University in Sheffield, and am fortunate to be so close to the Peak District. Literally keep driving up the Eccy Road and bam you're into the lovely countryside!

My parents came up to Sheffield last weekend to bring the remaining of my University bits, such as furniture as it didn't all fit in my little Fiat 500!

As we live in London, they always stay for the weekend as its too much to drive to and from Sheffield in a day, 6 hours of driving is not fun!

On the Saturday we went on a beautiful walk around Froggatt and Calver. The walk ended on Fraggatt Edge, which was beautiful and gave stunning views of the peaks. You could even see Chatsworth House. We have done a couple of walks around Chatsworth, and there is a gorgeous tea room too. I hadn't started my blog then, but I am sure I will be back so can do a post then!!

The walk around Froggatt was about 4 miles and took about 4 hours, we were exhausted!!




In the evening we went for dinner in Sheffield near where I live to a restaurant called Graze Inn on the Eccy Road (Ecclesall Road!!). The Eccy Road has so many lovely restaurants to visit and I am very lucky to live in such a good area.

We were seated in a booth at the back of the restaurant, which was good as the main bar area was absolutely heaving!

I had a lovely frozen mango daiquiri to drink and then half a chicken and 3 sides. The chicken is such good value, half a chicken with three sides for £12. I went for, garlic mash, sweet potatoe fries and peas & carrots. The mash was out of this world, so creamy and garlic and amazing!



My brother went for the pepper and chorizo risotto and it was delicious! My dad had the chicken also like myself and my mum had the signature ribs, she said they were yummy! I have been to Graze Inn a number of times and would thoroughly recommend it to anyone who is visiting the area. The Sunday Roasts are pretty amazing, as are their desserts. Or even just to pop by for cocktail for Happy Hour in the bar area.


On the Sunday, I met my family at their hotel and we all enjoyed a large breakfast. Breakfast is my favourite meal of the day and I made the most of the buffet breakfast!

We then headed back into the peaks and hired bikes. You can hire bikes at either end of the Monsal Trail. The trail is on a old disused railway line, so is completely flat and easy to ride, but will stunning views as you are so high up.


We hired bikes from Blackwell Mill Cycle Hire, which are £5 cheaper per bike than from this place.


We cycled all the way to Hassop Station and went to the cafe there. The cafe was heaving with people also biking along the trail. I had a hot chocolate and rocky road, mmm!



We headed back to the start of the trail, cycling roughly 15 miles in total!

What a lovely weekend in the Peak District, cannot wait til the next one after the Christmas break :) xoxo

1 comment:

  1. The walk in the Peak District looks lovely great pictures. An active weekend the cycling to counter balance the cake is a wonderful idea Lucy

    ReplyDelete