Tuesday 18 November 2014

A Day in Oxford

Last week I visited Oxford for the second time, but this time with my mum and dad.
It had been 30 years since my parents had been to Oxford so they were very excited to see how it had changed!

We drove to a park and ride called Pear Tree, parked up and then go on the bus. I think its a bit cheeky as the last time I visited it was free to park then you just paid for the bus. However it is now £2 to park and you have to pay for the bus also. However this specific bus had a special deal for two, so we got it a little cheaper.

The bus was super quick and took us through a very nice, posh part of Oxford and dropped us right in the centre.

We hopped off the bus in search of somewhere for a coffee. We ended up at Patisserie Valerie which is at the bottom of the high street. Now I am a strange person and don't like hot drinks, therefore don't drink tea or coffee, but I do like the taste of coffee. Since America I have got into iced coffees, and absolutely love them! I ordered an iced caramel coffee frappe and it was simply delicious, however I wish there was more of it! I also had a croissant.



Mum had been online and found a walk of Oxford, so she took us on a scenic walk of Oxford seeing all the sights and historic buildings.Oxford is so pretty, and it was hard to not snap too many pictures! The little B&B with the bicycle outside was my favourite! It was nice to see all the colleges, however its a shame you have to pay to visit every single one!





We also visited the covered market which had the most amazing cake stall. You could watch the staff icing and making the cakes, I took a little too many pictures!




We also went to the canal and saw all the boats that can be hired during the summer.



We were all unanimous in agreeing that we would want to come back in the summer, the pictures would be nicer and the weather would be warmer!

Have you visited somewhere new recently? xoxo

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh it looks gorgeous I have never been before, I am rubbish at not really venturing from my home county hahah xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would definitely recommend a visit if your passing through, lots of photo opportunities and cute places to eat and drink!

      Delete
  2. I recently visited Singapore only because it's closer than London and Oxford

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a lovely day, Oxford is one of the places I really want to visit. It looks so cute.

    Emma x
    Writing Essays With Wine

    ReplyDelete