Tuesday 4 November 2014

Sweet potato coconut spiced soup

At the weekend I went to visit my friend in Nottingham. For lunch she bought us Sweet potato, coconut chilli soup from Tesco. It was delicious, so I decided I would re create it for half the price.

I googled some recipes online and ended up combining two recipes together.



Ingredients:

400g sweet potato, cubed
200ml coconut milk
500ml stock
2 tsp Thai green curry paste

Cut up the sweet potato into cubes (if you are in a rush you can grate it, as it will soften quicker that way!). Put it in a pan with a little oil and mix. Add 500ml of stock and bring to the boil. Simmer until the sweet potato has softened. Once softened take off the heat and add the coconut milk and curry paste.

Place all into a blended and whiz until smooth. Hey presto you have a delicious soup.

Serve with lovely crusty bread.



1 comment:

  1. I have read many blogs yet, but your style is so impressive to me. I would come again to give a boost to my skills through the knowledge you provide us in your blogs. Hats off for your superb writings.
    wholesale womens jumpsuits supplier

    ReplyDelete