Sunday 28 December 2014

Malteeser Biscuits

I have made Malteeser biscuits for as long as I can remember. I first discovered these after a trip to Northern Ireland. We went to a cute cafe and had Malteeser Tiffin and afterwards it was my mission to recreate them. I baked them in my flat at uni and brought them home for the family to enjoy! It was my way of cheering myself up when all I wanted was to be home for Christmas!



I combined a couple of recipes and created the perfect biscuit.

Biscuit:
200g milk chocolate
100g dark chocolate
250g (roughly) digestive biscuits
150g malteesers
3 tbsp golden syrup
100g butter

Topping:
300g milk chocolate or (150g dark and 150g milk)

Melt the chocolate, butter and syrup together. Then crush the digestive biscuits and add to the metled mixture, add more or less as desired. Lightly crush the malteesers and add to the mixture also. Place in a lined tray and leave to cool slightly. Melt the chocolate for the topping and pour on top.

Leave to cool if you're not tempted to eat them! I find they taste better a couple of days later also!



Malteeser loving xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment