Thursday 1 January 2015

2014

I know this sounds cheesy, but 2014 has literally been the best year ever! I have loved every minute and am sad its over. I find it sad when people put status' like 'cant wait for 2014 to be over', because I have loved 2014! I did a similar post last year but here are my highlights from 2014.


March

March the highlight was the Captain America premiere which was held at Westfield White City. I got to walk the red carpet and even took a photo with Philip Schofield! Just one of the many perks of working for Disney! 




April

Over the Easter holidays I went to the Ile de Re with my family, which has to be my favourite ever family holiday. I had such a great week cycling the Ile de Re and wrote a couple of posts about it too!
The end of April was also my birthday, turning 22. I went to Jamie's Italian for the first time and loved it!

The harbour at St Martin


Beach Day


May

In May myself and my family enjoyed a fun time at 'Go Ape!' a place where you become a monkey for the day! We had the place to ourselves as the weather wasn't great and it was so much fun, I would go back any day to swing among the trees and jump off towers! 



June

I finished my amazing placement year at The Walt Disney Company on Monday 9th June, with a lovely send off from my whole team On 10th June I flew to Florida to work at Walt Disney World Resort. I worked at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique in Downtown Disney for 2 months as a Fairy Godmother in Training. It was very different to work in America and I found it quite hard at times, however looking back I had such a wonderful time at the boutique and made some amazing friends that made the working days 100 times better! Apart from working we also visited the parks on our days, mornings or evenings off! I loved it, and even started to give away shifts so I could go to the parks!  




July

At the end of my time working in the boutique I started picking up shifts at the Boutique in Cinderella's Castle in Magic Kingdom. This was the most magical role ever and I absolutely loved it. I feel that if I was placed at Magic Kingdom for my whole program I may have enjoyed it a lot more and felt a lot happier! I wrote a separate blog about my America experience and my post about working in the castle can be read here

August

I finished at Disney on 15th August. Leaving was really sad and I had to say goodbye to my lovely FGiT family at the boutique. I also had to say goodbye to my amazing flat mates who I had shared a flat with for 2 months and also my amazing roomie who I had shared a room with for 2 months. We had a lovely farewell meal at Animal Kingdom and then watched Wishes at Magic Kingdom.



Then myself and a couple of the other Disney girls got the Megabus to Miami and stayed there for a couple of days relaxing on the beach everyday. We didn't really do much here except sunbathe and shop! 
I then flew to Vegas where I met my best friend who I was to be travelling with for a month. I loved Vegas, it was mad but amazing! We also went on a day trip to the Grand Canyon which was fantastic and spectacular! 

Grand Canyon

Grand Canyon

Pool Party @ Encore

We then got the Greyhound bus (which broke down!) to LA. Beverly Hills and Rodeo Drive was so cool. We also walked the Hall of Fame, visited Madame Tussauds, saw the Hollywood Sign and went to Venice Beach.

Beverly Hills 90210

From here we had a very eventful journey to Yosemite, which was suffering from a severe drought, we did not love it here so left early and headed to beautiful San Francisco. 

Yosemite National Park


September

We were in San Fran in September and it, from dinner at the top of Macy's looking over Union Square, Lombard Street and also a visit Alcatraz.

Cheesecake Factory, Macys - Union Sqaure

Golden Gate Brideg

San Fran skyline from Alcatraz

We then flew to New York for the last part of our trip. We did lots of shopping, saw the Statue of Liberty and watched Enrique and Pitbull in concert which was amazing! On 14th September I was back home to reality in England. I then went back to University for my final year. 

New York Skyline from Staten Island

Brooklyn Bridge


October

October was Halloween and we had a reunion with all the girls and boys from Disney Placement year. The theme was pirates and we all met in Nottingham and had a night out to Forum. I had such a fun night being reunited with all my pals! I spent the weekend in Notts and visited the famous castle too!




November

In November I had a reunion with the Disney America girls and they all came to stay with me in Sheffield. We all got so close over the two months in America and it was fab to all get together again. We had a fun night out and then a good day at Bakewell in the Peak District.



December

December my brother surprised us and came home from Vietnam for Christmas. I hadn't seen him since January and we did not know he was coming back so it was lovely to see him! We have had a great family Christmas despite me being ill for most of it!



What a great year it has been, bring on 2015 and lots more fun and adventures hopefully! Happy New Year! xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year!!!!!

    Wow, it looks like to had an amazing 2014 and I am sure 2015 will be just as amazing :)

    www.blogsbygabrielle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete