Sunday 25 January 2015

D.I.Y Hot Chocolate @ The Forum

On Saturday myself and a friend visited The Forum on Devonshire Street in Sheffield for the first time for a drink.

We didn't know what to expect but fancied going somewhere other than a coffee chain, The Forum looked cute and is regularly busy so seemed a good idea.

The Forum is a restaurant and bar, but also has a coffee bar on the side of it. We decided to sit on the high stools by the bar and looked at the menu. There was so much to choose from, a large array of smoothies and too many hot chocolate flavours including chocolate orange and rocky road. However the DIY one stood out to me as it seemed fun and different.



For it, you got to choose the chocolate type, either white, milk or dark, I went for dark chocolate as it is my favourite! You then go to choose a filling; flavoured syrup, marshmallows, blackberries, cherries or fresh strawberries. I went for caramel syrup seeing as I love the stuff.



The hot chocolate came on a lovely wooden board, with a mug of frothy milk, then your pot of chosen chocolate drops, a pot of whipped cream and mine came with a jug of caramel syrup.

I poured the chocolate drops into the wamred milk and stirred, I then added a little of the syrup and topped with cream.



It was such fun to make it yourself and I think a great idea that other cafes should do too!!



Thanks The Forum for a brilliant afternoon in your lovely coffee bar. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment