Monday 9 February 2015

My tips for healthy 2015

These are just things that I live by and they seem to be working for me! Any other tips would be greatly appreciated!!

1) Drink lemon water

The benefits of lemon water are that it boosts your immune system due to being high in vitamin C. Lemon water also aids digestion and detoxes the liver. Lemon water is also known to enhance your mood - perfect if you cannot get out of bed in the morning when feeling grumpy!  Its best to drink the lemon water when you wake up, but I usually end up drinking it throughout the day. I don't mind the taste of lemons so I actually really enjoy drinking this. I have a bottle and I cut the lemon into slices and poke through the top of the bottle and then fill with water.



2) Eat protein

Protein is a perfect energy source and excellent for muscle repair and growth. I have tried to increase my protein intake and have really started to enjoy turkey, particularly turkey mince. Turning the turkey mince into the most delicious homemade chilli con carne which is also contains beans and pulses which are high in protein too!

3) Eat breakfast everyday

Breakfast is my favourite meal of the day, I usually enjoy a bowl of porridge and homemade smoothie. Never ever miss breakfast as it is fuel for the day. If you skip breakfast you are more likely to snack on unhealthy foods throughout the day. The quote below is my favourite!



4) Make homemade smoothies

Homemade smoothies are far better for you than the shop bought variety (I wont name names!!). The shop bought smoothies are seriously high in sugar and not that great for you. Making smoothies at home mean you can put whatever you want it. It is recommended to add greens to your smoothie, however I am yet to do this. However I think I may be brave and add spinach to my next smoothie, I will let you know how I get on but apparently you cannot taste it!! I add chai seeds to my smoothies, chai seeds are full of many nutrients but low in calories, particularly high in fibre which aids digestion.



5) Do not cut out carbs

Carbohydrates are needed to break down fat, if you competently cut carbs out your diet how is the fat going to break down. It turns to muscle and starts using that instead, this is why when people cut carbs out they lose weight quickly as the body is losing muscle weight which is not healthy. Eat carbohdrates in moderation but do NOT cut them out completely.

Hope these are helpful! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment