Sunday 22 November 2015

Graduation weekend

I have finally graduated, and I had the best weekend in Sheffield graduating with my besets ever friends and spending quality time with my family, not to mention eating lots of delicious food!

I arrived on Wednesday evening and headed straight to Meadowhall for a Five Guys which is something I had been craving for a while - you cannot beat a Five Guys burger and of course the cool mix your own drinks machine!

The next day was our graduation, we got up early to head to the hair salon to have my hair curled and then back to the hotel for the final preparations.

We headed to city hall to pick up our gowns and then stood in front of city hall and took lots of pictures! The ceremony started at 3pm and we sat and clapped all our fellow friends walk on the stage and shake hands with Lord Robert Winston, 3 seconds of fame for a 4 year degree!


Dress from ASOS - Crop Top Lace Midi Navy


Lord Winston gave a short speech and then the ceremony closed at around 5pm.


We had dinner reservations at Rubarb & Mustard on Eccy Road for 6.30, so headed to Graze Inn on Eccy Road for a pre dinner cocktail - I had a delicious frozen strawberry daiquiri :) Dinner was with my two best mates and their parents. All our parents had never met before so I was a bit nervous, however the whole evening was a great success!

Rhubarb & Mustard had a set menu for 20 pounds, I had the terrine for started followed by Pork belly then white chocolate panna cotta. Unfortunately I did not take any pictures as it didn't seem polite.

The next morning me and my best mate met her parents at Marmedukes for some food, we missed the breakfast menu by 9 minutes so had a tasty ciabatta with pesto, rocket and mozzarella instead with a lovely hot chocolate.



That evening we headed to our absolute favourite place ever - Smoke Barbecue for an amazing dinner. I had the pulled pork, hot link sausage, mac n cheese and chips, it was simply amazing!


The next day I headed into the Peak District to meet my parents in the cute little cottage they had rented. It was so lovely to be out in the countryside again, we went for a walk from the cottage in Baslow to Chatsworth House, they happened to have a christmas market going on so we wandered around it but it was raining which wasn't very nice so we walked to a tea room in Edensor to warm up with a hot drink and a rocky road!




We then headed back home to spend the afternoon by the fire, perfect! We had dinner reservations at the local pub, where I had a delicious medium rare steak.

The next day following an amazing cooked breakfast at Charlies in Baslow we drove back home in the pouring rain!



I had such a lovely weekend and really do miss living in Sheffield and so close to the peaks and not to mention the lovely people up north. Sheffield will always have a special place in my heart!

1 comment:

  1. congrats on graduating from university

    www.blogsbygabrielle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete